If you have lost a monkey - you may want to browse found pets by scrolling our map to the place where you have lost your pet and by clicking found pets' map markers. Or you may want to post lost monkey classified ad by pressing the "Post Ad" button in the bottom right corner of the map.
If you have found a monkey - you may want to browse lost pets by scrolling our map to the place where you have found your pet and by clicking lost pets' map markers. Or you may want to post found monkey classified ad by pressing the "Post Ad" button in the bottom right corner of the map.
Lost monkeys catalogue
© Any copying and/or redistributing of all texts published on Petrieve is possible only on our permission and if you're giving a link to our service!
What to do if you lost a monkey.
How to find a missing monkey? The most important things - do not despair and follow our advices! Then your chances of finding your loss will increase noticeably.
First you need to make sure that your monkey is really lost. Inspect all the places where the monkey usually hides, gradually expanding the search area. It is possible that the monkey is frightened and just hiding nearby.
If you can not find a pet monkey in its usual spots - it is time for an active search.
- Usually, tamed monkeys do not run very far from home and it will not take long to find a monkey of this kind. In this case you can on your own or with a group of friends or neighbors explore the neighborhood searching for your monkey.
- If your pet is timid or independent, finding the monkey will be more difficult. The first thing you need to do is to get as many people as possible to know about the loss. Composing and printing of flyers and posters for your lost monkey is also possible using our free service. Just create an advert for your lost pet using Petrieve. You may also consider to use television and newspapers to spread the word, although that would not be cheap. Sometimes it is reasonable to report to local law enforcement offices, animal shelters and veterinary clinics, especially if you believe your monkey was stolen.
Classified ads about the lost simian also play an important role. Promote such ads at road intersections and crowded places, hand out to neighbors and passers-by in the vicinity to the place where you've lost your monkey. If your monkey does not go well with strangers, be sure to include it in the ad. Attempts to catch such an animal will scare it even more from places where people may spot and recognize it.
If your monkey is of a valuable breed - there is a possibility that it has been stolen. In this case, it is very important to spread the word about it as widely as possible (and here Petrieve will be of use to you once again) and to think about offering a reward in your advert.
- If your pet monkey disappeared in the city - inspect the neighboring yards and, if possible, check the nearest cellars and attics. Thoroughly inspect trees and shrubs.
- If you have lost your monkey in the village or outside of the city - let the owners of neighboring sites know about this and ask for permission to inspect their territory and buildings. Talk to the dog owners - maybe when they were walking they saw your missing pet in the neighborhood.
- Do not neglect checking nearest trash sites and dumpsters, as this is an easy food source for your lost simian.
If you are looking for a missing monkey - for your convenience use our map of found pets. Find the place where the monkey disappeared, look at the marks on the map near this place (click them to get additional infor) - maybe your monkey has been found and it is already waiting for you!
Below you may find a list of countries where lost monkeys have been registered on Petrieve: