If you have lost a raccoon - you may want to browse found pets by scrolling our map to the place where you have lost your pet and by clicking found pets' map markers. Or you may want to post lost raccoon classified ad by pressing button in the bottom right corner of the map:Browse found pets on a map or
Add lost pet classified ad
If you have found a raccoon - you may want to browse lost pets by scrolling our map to the place where you have found your pet and by clicking lost pets' map markers. Or you may want to post found raccoon classified ad by pressing button in the bottom right corner of the map:Browse lost pets on a map or
Add found pet classified ad
© Any copying and/or redistributing of all texts published on Petrieve is possible only on our permission and if you're giving a link to our service!
What to do if you lost a raccoon.
How to find a missing raccoon? The main thing - do not panic and act reasonably. With our advices the probability that you find your loss would be much higher.
Carefully inspect all the places where the raccoon usually hides during games or sleep. Look inside and under the cabinets, in the laundry baskets, check inside and under the fridge, inspect various nooks and corners. It is possible that the raccoon is hiding and is still within the premises.
If you can not find a raccoon in the usual places - it is time for an active search!
The first thing you need to do is to tell as many people as possible about the missing of the raccoon. Spread the information about this most easily using the television or newspapers (which is not cheap) or free online pet search services such as Petrieve. Having created a lost raccoon's advert on Petrieve you will be able to share it in popular social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter. Stock up with flyers and posters about the lost raccoon to be able to post and distribute them along your route while searching for the raccoon. Composing and printing an advertisement about the missing raccoon is also possible using our service, and it is absolutely free.
So, what kind of actions could be taken to search for a raccoon?
- You may continue to search for a raccoon in the house, looking in those places that you have not thought of earlier.
- If this did not bring you any luck - you need to start looking for a missing raccoon in a courtyard, a staircase or the surroundings. Check the garages and sheds, bushes and trees. If you used to walk the raccoon on the street - check out the places you have usually visited. A lost raccoon is more likely to travel to familiar places before exploring unfamiliar ones.
- If possible, put a cage or a pet's mat or pad next to the entrance of the house. There is a good chance that the raccoon will return sensing the familiar smell.
- Do not neglect checking nearest trash sites and dumpsters, as this is an easy food source for a lost pet.
- Adverts about the lost raccoon also play an important role. You can compose and print a flyer about the missing raccoon by using our service. Promote ads at road intersections and crowded places, hand out to neighbors and passers-by in the raccoon' missing area. If your raccoon does not go well with strangers, be sure to include it in the ad. Attempts to catch such an animal will scare it away from places where people may spot it.
- If the raccoon disappeared in a village or outside of a city - let the owners of neighboring sites know and ask for permission to inspect their territory and buildings. Talk to the dogs owners - maybe, when they were walking, they saw your lost pet in the neighborhood.
- Sometimes it would be reasonable to report to local law enforcement offices, animal shelters or pounds, veterinary clinics, pet shops and other organisations of this kind. Here you will also need some flyers and posters to hand them out.
If you are looking for a missing raccoon - for your convenience use our map of found pets. Find the place where the raccoon disappeared, look at the marks on the map near this place (click them to get additional info) - maybe your raccoon has been found and it is already waiting for you!
Below you may find a list of countries where lost raccoon have been registered on Petrieve: